Dragonforce = Worst Band Ever

ibanezplayer

So I've listened to dragonforce and more then just one song, and it seems to me that they TRY really really hard to be the fastest guitar players out there, mean while there guitar skills are weak and are not even comparable to guitar players like , Michael Romeo, John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, these guitar players acutally know music, anybody watch the herman li betchya can't play this? haha he doesn't even know what key he is in, and his buddy is tapping with a pick? this is pathetic. People say they sound so good and there singer is great, Russell Allen from Symphony X absolutely blows him away. and meanwhile dragonforce is terrible live anyhow, and ive heard many people say this. Michael Romeo of symphony X is lightyears ahead of Herman Li and a lot faster and he incorperates more guitar technique. Dragonforce is a German metal band wanna be, German metal has been playing solo duets forever, jsut listen to the right bands, and people think dragonforce's solos and duets are great? dragon force is a bunch of rookies who are just trying to be the fastest progressive and metal band around, while they sound like total crap, so maybe by now you can see i hate dragon force hahhah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. dont go too crazy. yes they do suck live and its becuase they are so wasted that they dont even remember what song they are attempting to play. and a few of their songs are sped up. but no need to be knocking super crazy on a specific band and being bias by comparing them to a band you obviously really like.

and most technical

he probably is on of the best but too bad guitar playing isnt just about technique.....which is why i find alot of that music like a drill into my head

Technical or not, it's clear herman Li doesn't put much feeling into his songs, since there all the same pretty much ? How technical a guitar player is, is huge, Herman Li doesn't incorperate, Jazz and blues in solos like other players from progressive bands do, and taking into consideration jazz is a type of music that can't be "drilled into your head" its all about feeling which herman doesn't haven as well as talent, he is over rated but he is still a good guitar player, people just blow him up bigger than he should be

i sense a hint of jealousy in your tone...maybe because theyve had arguably more mainstream success (well in my country anyway) than the players/bands you mention :D

not that i particularly like them myself, but i can appreciate what they do (as with most music/musicians).

still i think its always a good thing for guitar in general to have flashy/nice guitar playing (not that DF is nice) in mainstream music :D

I don't get it when people say "you're jealous" when somebody makes a valid critique. By that logic, every time I said something sucked, it would automatically mean I was also jealous of that person/thing.

Dragonforce suck. I'm not jealous of them. :D I'll take their guitar and amp collection, mind you, but that goes for any band out there that has such a thing. :D

it wasnt that he said they suck.

it was that he seemed genuinely upset that DF were getting credit that his (apparently) favourite guitarists/bands are seemingly more "deserving" of. :D

maybe i just read too far into it....

either way, they all suck.

i got over "i spent 10hrs a day playing scales to a metronome look what i can do now" music a long time ago.....thank god :D

Didn't we already do a "Dragonforce sucks" thread? Ahh... yes: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=25017

I find it rather strange that most of the Dragonforce bashers focus on how they think Herman Li is overrated, instead of the fact the their music, as a whole, is incredibly lame.

It doesn't bother me that dragonforce gets the credit it gets, thats up to the fans, and i know there is many bands that don't get a lot of credit, but it doesn't change their music so credit and jealousy are out of the question, i don't get why people compare Herman Li and DF to other bands, music is music no matter what you can't seperate the facts that guitar and lyrics and musical talent are different, better bands just do more with music, which DF does not, dragon force just doesn't have much variety in there playing people may find it exciting but i think there only a fad, if the produce another identical album to their last.....unlikely

I think that in most cases,the root cause of band bashing IS jealousy.It is jealousy that one band gets more credit than they may deserve while a truly good band gets less...to deny it is just silly in my opinion.Just admit it and be done with it...why SHOULD Dragonforce have any respect for the cheese they produce?

Nirvana for example...Kurt Cobain gets credit as a "guitarist" when he was just a hack,because he was a good pop songwriter and his songs appealed to a large group,while greater guitarists such as Rick Hunolt,Gary Holt,etc get much less credit because they never sold out,and their music only appeals to a few.

I think that in most cases,the root cause of band bashing IS jealousy.It is jealousy that one band gets more credit than they may deserve while a truly good band gets less...to deny it is just silly in my opinion.Just admit it and be done with it...why SHOULD Dragonforce have any respect for the cheese they produce?

Nirvana for example...Kurt Cobain gets credit as a "guitarist" when he was just a hack,because he was a good pop songwriter and his songs appealed to a large group,while greater guitarists such as Rick Hunolt,Gary Holt,etc get much less credit because they never sold out,and their music only appeals to a few.

+1 Exodus kick ass

That makes sense, Wes. It's not personal jealousy (the poster himself being jealous of the fame/acclaim) but rather the feeling that there are more deserving talents out there than the one being bashed. I'd agree with that. In some cases, though (the ones left over from your 'most'), it's just seeing a band that is so cringe-worthy it makes you go "why??" For me, that's the feeling I get from Dragonforce. They just make me cringe and wince. I don't have anybody that I really compare them to, personally. :D

yeah my mate loves them and he always tries to show me "hectic blast beats"...got to say im not that impressed

so i show him a drummer like carter beauford and his like thats not that hard the DF guy could do it

but i beat he couldnt...just because his not playing intensely fast all the time (although most of the time :D) the DF guy couldnt play it because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon and carter simply knows how to bust out

Actually, the drummer was quite tired towards the end of their set when I saw them live a year and a half ago. Playing at the same tempo on every song with the same drum pattern on every song is really nothing special. But they were entertaining, at least!