Cheapest guitar deal ever

Ace

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap parts, plywood body, crappy uners, bad pups.

and most important... cheap Korean labor.

Korean labor is not that cheap any more. I think you'd be hardpressed to find a Korean guitar selling for less than $400. That's why many companies are looking to countries like China and Viet Nam for their cheapest models.

I have a $230 Jay Turser 335 style guitar, and it is actually pretty hard to fault. Although the construction is a little chunky, the wood and hardware is quite acceptable. And to my amazement, the pickups sound friggin' great. My only criticism is that it lacks the "vibe" of a really well made guitar.

Turser sells a strat for $100 that's really pretty decent. I've played one, and it's not cheesy in any way.

As for this $50 wonder, it's tough to say. If you took this guitar and upgraded it, you'd have expensive hardware on a crappy piece of wood. That's a waste in my opinion.

Check out this new Turser:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8&category=2384

-Sven

Korean labor is not that cheap any more. I think you'd be hardpressed to find a Korean guitar selling for less than $400. That's why many companies are looking to countries like China and Viet Nam for their cheapest models.

Yup, what you say is true. I should have said Asian labor in general. I mentioned Korean labor because as far as I know, that Kramer is made in Korea.

Turser sells a strat for $100 that's really pretty decent. I've played one, and it's not cheesy in any way.

As for this $50 wonder, it's tough to say. If you took this guitar and upgraded it, you'd have expensive hardware on a crappy piece of wood. That's a waste in my opinion.

I think the price is lower since MusicYo sells direct, whereas Jay Turser's are sold through retail channels.

I think the price is lower since MusicYo sells direct, whereas Jay Turser's are sold through retail channels.

The Turser's are all over eBay. That's where I got mine. I think the list was like $300. The solid-bodied ones are stupid cheap - not as cheap as that Kramer though - I'd put that in the "sacry-cheap" category. It got decent reviews at Harmony-central.

-SVen

My first and currentlly only electric was bought off musicyo. its one of the Striker Series. http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=486 there's a link to the exact one, and its in that really nice green as well.

i personally love this guitar, while i agree that its not amazinglly nice, its really comfortable to play on. the bodyy is contoured really nicelly and its just so fast. mine is actually tuned to Drop C constantlly lol.

personally i have not been able to fault this guitar even when compared to to guitars that friends of mine have which are much more expensive.

all in all, music yo is my friend :D

hi..

i'm korean..

i think. if korea not made cheap guitar. many people buy expensive guitar. ^^

korea Guitar campany make many OEM Guitar.

one time korea guitar campany make many guitar(75% in world gutiar making)

in fact, korea guitar is cheap. but if you hard up for money.. you dont buy guitar.

i think korea guitar company enable quality Guitar,

but korea guitar company is failed in marketting. and have no super guitarlist.

so korean guitar is cheap T_T

i think korean is hard worker. and have a good hand skill.

thank you for read message.. ^^

I still think it would be a waste of my hard-earned 60 bucks. Does that price include shipping ?

Probably made in China. But I'm plenty guilty of buying stuff from China (I just sent 67 bucks to Harbor Freight Tools :D )

Who knows, maybe you can part it out and sell the the parts on ebay:

Body : $30.00

neck: $30.00

Tuners: $10.00

Pickups: $10.00

bridge: $10.00

Nah, that ain't worth the trouble.

hi..

i'm korean..

i think. if korea not made cheap guitar. many people buy expensive guitar. ^^

korea Guitar campany make many OEM Guitar.

one time korea guitar campany make many guitar(75% in world gutiar making)

in fact, korea guitar is cheap. but if you hard up for money.. you dont buy guitar.

i think korea guitar company enable quality Guitar,

but korea guitar company is failed in marketting. and have no super guitarlist.

so korean guitar is cheap T_T

i think korean is hard worker. and have a good hand skill.

thank you for read message.. ^^

Thanks hyunsu,

I`m not from Korea,but that`s a great post. :D

I believe half of us could not pump out the amount of product for time vs. dollar and come close to the quality in volume.