picks

Curtis P

Where do you hold the pick? On a standard shaped pick, I hold it very close to the point... with only the very tip of it barely exposed from my thumb and forefinger. I can imagine if one held it towards the butt end of the pick, it'd slip out of your hand.

What about technique? When "shreddin," how hard/wide are you attacking the strings? Are you using minimal movement? It's all about the smallest of movements :D.

Are you using minimal movement? It's all about the smallest of movements :D.

i hate to say it, but "Yngwie, malmsteen" his hand barely moves, point and case. I used to have this problem alot, i do use the dunlop gators (with the white dusty coating) but technique is also a factor, along with pick position (in your hand, and the angle it makes against the strings)

ive never had a problem with holdin the pick,

Are you using minimal movement? It's all about the smallest of movements .
and i agree with this. its waay more efficient playin with minimal movement.

i use the dunlop jazz 111 pics, there small but i never lose them when playing shows, the only draw back is there really small, but i love the tone they give and control, also a draw back is that when your really rockin out you tend to cut up your fingers right above the nail but its good for show cause people love the blood!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I like the DAVA Control picks. They let you vary the thickness depending on where you hold them. The grooves help to keep it in place too. I had a problem with the pick turning in my hand but these lil guys helped alot. They give you varying thicknesses and control of pick movement. No more shifting pick! If the pick keeps flyin outta your hand though, you'll have to grip harder or use adhesive :D