Searls - Unfinished Project - Ss7

demonx

Not sure what you mean... They are routed!

I thought you had glued blocks between the wings to leave the cavities :D Now I feel like the dude on the Specsavers add :D

I prefer Gotoh's 510 minis. Small, elegant, and their magnum lock models look like non-locking tuners. Excellent little bits of japanese engineering.

Liking the build so far.

Those Gotoh 510s look sleek, I have always liked Gotoh tuners.

• 2 weeks later...

That's beautiful Allen. I'm glad you didn't give up on it. I checked back at the beginning to remember all the changes you had to make and saw that I'd totally forgotten that the router tried to eat your blackwood. Ican see no evidence of that at all now. Great recovery!

SR

That's beautiful Allen. I'm glad you didn't give up on it. I checked back at the beginning to remember all the changes you had to make and saw that I'd totally forgotten that the router tried to eat your blackwood. Ican see no evidence of that at all now. Great recovery!

SR

Even close up and in person it's near impossible to tell.

The Silhouette of the guitar is slightly compromised where I had to reshape the horn a bit to accomodate, but that aside the repair turned out so good even a customer would't know, the grain hides any evidence!

This guitar will never be for sale though, it's for me.

HA HA HA ! famous last words man. Iv tried that a few times & never managed to hold on to the guitar.

Iv just about held on to a green JS I built myself last year, but a customer offered me a stupid amount of cash for it after he played it & Im looking to get a CNC so its gonna be bye bye to another of my personal builds.

Its odd. I build these things, but i dont actualy have a guitar of my own :D

IMG_2139small.jpg

Lovely grain patterns, great guitar.

HA HA HA ! famous last words man. Iv tried that a few times & never managed to hold on to the guitar.

Iv just about held on to a green JS I built myself last year, but a customer offered me a stupid amount of cash for it after he played it & Im looking to get a CNC so its gonna be bye bye to another of my personal builds.

Its odd. I build these things, but i dont actualy have a guitar of my own :D

So what do you play through that big monster Marshall that you have?

So what do you play through that big monster Marshall that you have?

The big marshall ? you mean my MF400 in the green quilted JS thread? thats the workshop amp :D

Although I do have another one at home. Mostly I play the chicks strat or Les Paul. Or whatever im using as a test mule from the shop. But just now I dont have a personal gitir, So im thinkin I might make myself another SRV.

Demonx. sorry if were hijacking the thread. Realy cool guitar man, Turns out it just didnt like the original neck. Salvage job body + realy swanky neck = something you will have to hide from clients :D

Should do well in GOTM.