Project S9 Continued...

• 1 month later...

So last we left our S907_7 tragedy had struck. The evil CNC had created a fissure in the top using the old X Axis motor fail trick.

P6190588.jpg

Today the project lives again. Behold the new bridge system... straight from Italy care of Alberto of technologyformusicians.com fame.

Yes it is as awesome as it looks.

IMG_20120830_081902.jpg

IMG_20120830_081907.jpg

No pricing info on their website. How much was it, including shipping from Italy?

You will need to email Alberto. info@technologyformusicians.com

It was not cheap and the USD vs Euro hurts really bad. The hipshot units are way cheaper but not built near as well.

This system is a solid finely crafted work of art. (It is not made from aluminium like Ola's stuff)

Are you using this on an S9?

SR

Yes. I am going to save the ruined body by converting it to a headless S9. It will be a bit different than the production model because of the CNC gouge. I am drawing inspiration from our friend Ola and his ergo design to save this one.

The production headless S9 is going to closer resemble a G4MT than this one will. So there are going to be 2 headless models... the Horseman and a headless S9.

Cat -- Bag -- Out ... don't say you didn't hear it first here!

The Raleigh Guitar Show is in 3 weeks and I hope to unveil this beast at the show.

The Raleigh Guitar Show is in 3 weeks and I hope to unveil this beast at the show.

I 'spect you better be gittin right on it then. Nothing like a deadline for motivation.

SR

We are pulling an allnighter Saturday to finish up some stuff. The problem is trying to speed up paint and oil curing.... I think I might have to get tricky on the finish.

nice recovery man. That ill fated route might have put some out for the count. Glad you didnt go all Pete Townshend on it. At first glimpse it looks as if the balance (weight) could be off- but I guess with that upper horn as long as it is and then the weight of that bridge- I could see how it will probably lay flat when wearing a strap.

Hoping I will make it up to Raleigh in a few weeks- all depends on work (unfortunately). I miss that show being here in Atlanta- but if you ever came down here for it- you might recall the last few years it was here is was pretty weak. It went from being really great to crap in a matter of 3 years if I recall correctly.

nice recovery man. That ill fated route might have put some out for the count. Glad you didnt go all Pete Townshend on it. At first glimpse it looks as if the balance (weight) could be off- but I guess with that upper horn as long as it is and then the weight of that bridge- I could see how it will probably lay flat when wearing a strap.

Hoping I will make it up to Raleigh in a few weeks- all depends on work (unfortunately). I miss that show being here in Atlanta- but if you ever came down here for it- you might recall the last few years it was here is was pretty weak. It went from being really great to crap in a matter of 3 years if I recall correctly.

Thank you. I had no idea how to fix it a few weeks ago. But I am telling you expensive Italian hardware motivates me (I love my Ducati). The cuts were hard to do because in pencil it didn't look right. But I will tell you tomorrow when I post it with the neck.... good things.

It is headless so the balance is perfect.

Make it to Raleigh please. I will give you a t-shirt and swag and you can be guest of honor in my booth for a while.

Any PGrs who make it to Raleigh guitar show come see me so we can throw things at the guitarist from Collective Soul (loser).

http://guitarandampshow.com/

The horns don't quite match it anymore, do they. Not that there's much you can do other than lop them off.... which isn't such a bad idea.

Envision this:

The top of the body follows the line towards the neck pocket like an Ovation Breadwinner.

The bottom horn is shortened, re-shaped, and comes to a point like is elsewhere on the body.