Jeguitars - House Build

Build just for me. I wont have a quick progress on this, I am building it just when I have spare time. This guitar has my prototype Neg-X chambering system. In which I take the x-bracing of a Bashkin design, modify it a little, and route it out into the body, giving the body a lighter weight, and a different take on the chambering design, you can see more of the chambering will be taking place around where the vibration takes places, the bridge.
Here is the comparison
Neg-XBracing_zpsabe1d2fb.jpg
I also have a custom scale length. I am truly the first in this secret scale length, along with my chambering design. I also hand wind all my own pickups.
I don't do custom orders however, I can inlay nearly whatever you want, and let you pick out the woods, but I like to retain creative control. Seems an odd business model I know, but what I really like to do, is build what I like and sell it. It's not failed me thus far as I have built 20 guitars to date.
Top is some near Flawless Flame Maple, Body is a 1 piece Curly Black Limba with some gorgeous streaking and shades of orange. Neck will be Pernambuco and fretboard is Brazilian Rosewood.
photo9_zps248dd6ff.jpg
photo12_zps2e5b2bd1.jpg
  • Like 1

Nice lumber and Im interested to see how your bracing idea works out! Think you could snap a better pic of the neck grain? I have never heard of pernambuco.

I will take a pic tomorrow, they make violin bows out of pernambuco, supposed to be a very resonant wood, although very rare and expensive.

As a player who uses a bow on an upright bass, I have to wish that you left the Penembuco for bows. Its getting rare and their are lots of good neck woods. That said it looks like an interesting guitar.

Sorry brother, there's a lot more of it hat's been used for bows than for necks. I am not making a dent in anyone's production.

• 2 weeks later...

I about lost it when I read "I can guarantee that with a conventional ruler you will not be getting my scale length correct."

I think he's saying that he's developed a completely new form of linear measurement (seeing as how the wonderful thing about rulers is that they are standardized and conventional).

un-****ing-believable...

Too much seriousness in luthiery land...

I about lost it when I read "I can guarantee that with a conventional ruler you will not be getting my scale length correct."

I think he's saying that he's developed a completely new form of linear measurement (seeing as how the wonderful thing about rulers is that they are standardized and conventional).

We call it the "eye ball method". Should work out, right? :D

Edited by bob123
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...