Post your current project ideas

My dream guitar to build would be a Black les paul with white lining, :DB):D

Not that I've ever built a guitar before, but thats my chalenge for this summer, already ordered a book on guitarmaking :D

If its not gonna be a les paul, it will be an ibanez like body, something like this one http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/...0EXGK-00-05.jpg .

I'll let you know as soon as I start working on it.

:D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to build a les paul double cutta way thats derived from a full size drawing of a standard les paul, then the cutta ways are changed to how I want them, so its not gonna be the same as a standard double cuttaway. Then with a P-90 phat cat in the bridge, tune-o-matic, eboney control cavity covers and head stock over lay, and maple racing stripes inlayed in the body. It's gonna be sweet....

I am considering two projects after I finish my current bass. One of those is a fretless jazz bass copy. I have started liking j-basses more now after seeing a jazz combo with a crazy bassist on a cruise ship.

The other project I am considering is a 6 string bass.

Hi I'm kinda new here,

I enjoy reading all of your posts here at the forum,

but since I'm only 16 and I havn't got the money I can't build a guitar!

but I do have some idea's for the future (who knows, one day?) :D !

A Flying V with flame maple top, white & pearloid binding,

EC1000-ASB_front-detail-2_sm_.jpg

a bit like this one but then in V style & trapezoid inlays.

or a carved top brazilian rosewood Les paul with 7-ply binding and gold hardware,

The last one is a bit inspired by Drak's V (I just love that finish!!)

thats 'bout it

ok, this is my 6-8 month job schedule

guitars for stores:

3 x "metalhead" guitars. Cross an explorer, Rhoads, and a bit of dimebag together. (1 x blood drip with skull inlay, 1 x metallic lime green with alien head inlay, 1 x warbird graphic with bomb inlays)

1 x "superstrat carve top". flamed tasmanian oak on mahogany. Trem, all gold hardware. First prototype of upcoming regular model.

2 x "Vines" (see website) without the vine inlay, or maple tops - got a new unique inlay pattern, think PRS

Guitars for clients - deposits taken:

5 x flying v's

1 x frakenstrat

Personal guitars:

1 x metalhead - will use this as a loan guitar for local bands

1 x "superstrat carve top". flamed tasmanian oak on mahogany - will use this as a loan guitar for local bands

1 x flying v

1 x "Vine" without the vine inlay, KILLER maple top - might even have to be a carrie burst....

Current related projects:

My own tremolo - think of wilkinson, but nicer and more "industrial modern looking"

Trem stopper (retro fit, but also working on integrating it onto my trems)

Through body stop tail system

I want to do a Schecter 006-style body with a flatter top with 2 contours on the front, normal one on the back, hoprfully a nice quilt maple top with black sanded back to blue stain, semi-gloss finish, and, get this, LED INLAYS!!!, but since this would be my first guitar from scratch, it's not gonna come out nearly the way I want it to.....whatever

OK ive got this image in my head of a cross between the Violin bass shape and a Flying V.... dont ask me how i came up with it but looks amazin in my head, with a natural finish.... would so love that guitar i may have to build it.... B)

Big Tom

:D

EDIT: ok on 2nd thoughts thats actually quite ugly just made it using Photoshop and i dont understand why it looked good in my head... hummm...

So my idea is...... ask me later!

I am thinking of buildin a couple of wild things. I have a fraken tele that will soon be done. Think of tele meets BC Rich, Its a Paduk top, with a sitka spruce body.

I really refuse to build necks now that warmoth has improved thier quality. I will build necks only if I want to...

I am also going to make a all natural american hardwood guitar. This will be out of walnut, hickory, maple all american woods get it?

I am also doing a zebrawood topped les paul...

I'm only 16 and I'm new to guitar building. Right now I am rebuilding a busted acoustic guitar that is about 30 years old. Now that I am almost done, I am wanting to build something from scratch. I am thinking something like a explorer, airline, or les paul. Whatever I attempt make, I'll make it from cheap stuff. If my first turns out good I'll invest a little bit more in my second.

My ideas

My 1st guitar, to be made over this coming summer methinks:

Approximately Tele shaped, but with a deeper cutaway, so I can access the 24th fret. Hard ash (very slightly flamed) body, with a beautiful birdseye neck and stripey rosewood fingerboard (all wood got for less than £40!!!!). I wish I had a camera so I could show you. Anyway. The guitar will have a pair of P90s from Bare Knuckle Pickups, a tune-o-matic, master volume, master tone, pickup selector, and an EMG Afterburner. Also, possibly, since I'm considering a piezo bridge, an electric/piezo switch (by that i mean, another 3 way switch, with electric - electric & piezo - piezo as the 3 "settings"). I think thats it.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

PRS copy - set-in maple/walnut neck, walnut body with figured ash or flamed maple top - emerald green, rosewood fingerboard, gotoh tuners

OR

Tele - walnut semi-hollow body with (flamed) maple top & back - honey-gold, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, gotoh tuners...

Got 2 on the go right now, well, 2 and a half :D .

Mahogany body / neckthru with holly laminates, gonna be a short scale bass about 30". I just might make a holly fb for this one.

Bookmatched flamed maple top with burls and mahogany back. Its stll a square block, just glued together, can't decide on a body shape yet. Will probably do a bolt on maple neck w/ rosewood cap.

The half part is going to be a solid holly 1 pce neck w/ gumwood skunk stripe. It will be a replacement neck for strat or tele. Why? Just to see if I can! :D

• 1 month later...

Let's see, right now I'm getting parts and starting to work on a powder blue double-bound tele which won't be done for quite some time because from a week from now 'till early September I'll be Army-ing it up.

After that I'm going to be doing some experimenting with carbon fiber...

a 12 string, that has a 6 string headstock + neck ferrules for the octae strings, and with a homemade tuning mechanism (got the concept in my head, started drawing it all out but not to scale). would be a neck through and a shape silimar to a les paul special (double cutaway)

a 6 string bass for the bass player in my band quite possibly. ill make the pickups aswell as a preamp so that it is suitable for such a range of frequencies. probably make it so that it can be tuned to EADGBE , where the DGBE are a few half steps below the normal bass tuning. would work well as he is primarily a guitarist (alot better than me too) to simplify playing and remembering scales.

my current guitar is pretty unique in its construction, its a bolt on, with a deep and odd shaped join, with the neck pickup on the neck. im pretty psyched on it. it wont look amazingly unique, kinda uniqueish shape though. it is walnut and does have a nice figure so it wont be boring to look at either

I would ditch the tele control plate so the controls looked a little more co-ordinated but i really like that design - possibly because it has some of the ravelle influence that have been inspiring me for the last few years. I tried adding a upper horn but couldnt get it to look right - yours looks good

Also i would probably go with dual humbuckers on a guitar like that -i always like tele bridges with humbuckers