BC Rich

ajb

What do you think of BC Rich Guitars  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like how they look and play, but i want to see some percentages about this highly debated guitar.

now most of the guitars on the bc rich website come with agathis standard as the body wood...even the ones costing in the neighborhood of $700

very few come with mahogany,and i saw none with alder...i think that is a total cheap out...i am VERY dissapointed

I hav a Bich and I like it very much. Even their low price stuff is great for the money. I can understand Wes that a$700 guitar should not be made of Agathis. The Bich I have is Agathis and did only cost about $300 and for that money it is VERY good after I replaced the bridge PU with a Tone Zone. Sure I like my expensive guitars much more, but this one is really a very good value.

And their high-end stuff is beyond critique I think....it is very well built and very original in the designs and shapes....there are not many better options for metal guitars arround....

<rant>BC Rich exists only as a trade name - there are currently no Rico family members working for the company. Davitt & Hanser owns the name, just like Fender owns Jackson. After Bernie Sr.'s death, evidently it was a mess, and the Rico family was gently removed. D&H is doing to BC Rich what CBS did to Fender, Norlin did to Gibson, and what Fender is currently doing to Gretsch, Jackson, Sunn and whoever else they've bought out recently (and don't even get me started on PRS) - they're maximizing profit at the expense of quality, and "branding" cheap imports to make them more attractive to younger buyers. As a capitalist, I have to approve, but as a guitarist, it is my fervent wish that they suffer eternal torment, starting as soon as possible. :D A real (hand-built USA) BC Rich guitar is a wonderful thing to own - a D&H guitar is a Korean knock-off that may or may not be better than the Saein -built Samicks that "Epiphone" sells. If you have one and you like it, enjoy - they're bound to get some of 'em right.</rant>

I appreciate "cheap guitars" like Bc Rich.It did me fine for years.It was better than going without and depends on your style.

I don't think the $5000 guitar sounds $4500 better than the $500

BC Rich.Just me.

Rather have a nice amp and electronics

PS. if I had the money I would of course buy a "better"guitar.IF I HAD THE MONEY.

I love the way they look, very sexy guitar :D

they arent for me! i dont like them much, havent played a USA one i think, but i dont like the headstock, feel, look etc... just preference. i would rather have a Jackson Sl1 Soloist in pure white :D

• 3 weeks later...

looks like its pretty even

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Floyd Rose is currently negotiating a contract with them to build the USA BC Roches in Edmonds Washington. Just keep that on the hush hush.

how many hits a week do we get? :D

• 1 month later...

Now I may not respect what B.C RICH is doing now but I still have a lot of

respect for there work in the past and if it wernt for them pushing the limits of

extrem design the world would would be crapy and fender shaped [NOT THAT I DONT LIKE FENDER] but if it were the only thing out there for design it would get real old real fast.

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Personly, I hate the look of BC Rich so much that I have never played one. I have to stiffle a snicker whenever I see one. I think they are a bit too homoerotic for my tastes.

Nicely put Luke!! B)

Ditto to that...

I think they look tacky and "try-hard-ish" (if that is a word)

However, I've never played one and probably never will, because I'm sure the quality and sound does not outweigh the ugliness...

Besides they just look so uncomfortable. :D

:D

American made BC Riches are just amazing, forget about fenders and gibsons, these guitars blow every other guitar out there away, except for Jacksons. BC Rich isn't owned by an asian company , they are american owned, HHI is the company, sure, Bernie Rico died, and HHI bought it. BC Rich NJ's aren't made of agathis, they have mahogany bodies, maple necks and ebony boards and quilted maple tops, and they retail around 600-700$ and come with an Speed Loader Floyd, i think they are a great value, AND, if someone think they are all spiky, they are not! do a search on these BC Riches : Exclusive, Eagle, Mockingbird, ASM, Gunslinger, Seagull, etc, sure, they are known for they spiky designs, but they are the guitar company with the most and in my humble opinion, best designs :D

Edited by eddiewarlock

• 1 month later...

well i USED to be a avvid bc rich player and supporter, but that was until recently when i have heard of several mishaps in there custom shop division, including but not limited to:

incorrect hardware and finishes on guitars

shotty instillation if truss rods(i have heard of 3 cases of this in the past 2 weeks, not good)

overkill prices (4,500 for a mahogany bolt on with 1 pickup and a floyd is OVERKILL)

now after all this i found a much better company that does HIGH QUALITY work, and that is MCS. old school bc rich crew workin there and some of the most wicked designs ever!