8 String Questions?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine playing an 8 string guitar would be very pleasant. Has anyone actually played an 8 string before?

my seven string is unpleasantly wide in the neck...it is not nice to play for long

like you,i think that an 8 string would be very cumbersome.i would rather play a boat paddle

BUT....different strokes(pun intended)

I think the neck of that guitar is small than we all think it is. If it's 50 mm at the nut.......with the 30" scale it just has an awesome slim appearance.

226-0001f.jpg

And 50 mm at nut or 48mm at nut....isn't that much difference

Th neck of that latest 8 stringer that LGM did was huge. He said it was 3 1/8 at the 24th fret and figuring it would be like 52-53 mm at the nut, I made quick cad of that guitar (body and neck) and it just looked bulky and in no way close to the slim appearance of this puppy.

seriously, playing an 8 stringer makes no sense to me. i have a strat with a normal strat neck tuned to beadgb. why not just thicken up your strings and play f#,b,e,a,d,g,b on a seven string. i mean how many notes will you lose for not having a high e, like 5? im with wes, its just too much. theres a bass player for a reason. my bass player is playing a 6 string bass and im playing a seven string which doesnt leave much of a gap.

i already stated it would be tuned to F#, A, E, A, D, G, b, e wes!

yes you did.but that makes no sense.

i think you mean F#,B,etc...

right? i think you are misjudging your intervals...if you tune the 7th string to A,then you have to either tune the 8th string to E or C...and only C makes sense in that case

right?

Don't worry...that makes no sense to me either...