Ash's therapy build

Whoever runs that contest (IMO) needs to clarify and tighten up the entry format.

The first thing I should see is a clear, simple, straight-ahead pic of a well-lighted instrument and nothing else.

Not your sausage mitt hands, or your girlfriend's toenails, or your dog Scruffie, or your Yin-Yang poster, or your cool Hipster beard and trendy glasses.

Yours is exactly that, a dead-perfect shot front and center, with obvious YT links to follow if interested.

Perfect, effective, well-lit presentation, are you in sales? 😁

I don't have time to click on seven f-ing pages worth of links just to see what it looks like.

I should be able to see what it looks like at a glance, then follow links if I want to see more.

I hold the contest managers responsible for that, not the entrants.

I saw some really cool and inventive things there.

And I also saw many people who simply have no eye for design detail.

I don't think you need to sweat the teenage chicks unless they have a huge following somewhere.

Yours is right there with the best of them, from what I saw, but there are some seriously cool builds there.

I didn't read the rules, please tell me the winner will be chosen by a respected group of fair and non-partial humans and not social-media driven.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Drak said:

Whoever runs that contest (IMO) needs to clarify and tighten up the entry format.

The first thing I should see is a clear, simple, straight-ahead pic of a well-lighted instrument and nothing else.

Not your sausage mitt hands, or your girlfriend's toenails, or your dog Scruffie, or your Yin-Yang poster, or your cool Hipster beard and trendy glasses.

Yours is exactly that, a dead-perfect shot front and center, with obvious YT links to follow if interested.

Perfect, effective, well-lit presentation, are you in sales? 😁

I don't have time to click on seven f-ing pages worth of links just to see what it looks like.

I should be able to see what it looks like at a glance, then follow links if I want to see more.

I hold the contest managers responsible for that, not the entrants.

I saw some really cool and inventive things there.

And I also saw many people who simply have no eye for design detail.

I don't think you need to sweat the teenage chicks unless they have a huge following somewhere.

Yours is right there with the best of them, from what I saw, but there are some seriously cool builds there.

I didn't read the rules, please tell me the winner will be chosen by a respected group of fair and non-partial humans and not social-media driven.

No mate, the winner is chosen by public vote which sucks. The top 10 are shortlisted to go to a panel of judges. There are a couple of entrants with 500-600 votes, but even with my 1500 subscribers I can't even seem to muster 200 votes so I'm not getting shortlisted. Mevermind.

Wow, just wow.

No wonder I have no interest in these kinds of contests.

I don't have the boobs or botox receipts for it!

You Sir, may be in Deep Elm Shit then. 🤣

Re-Name yourself Tantric Sex God and post this on your front page.

Should be good for a few dozen votes then...

The Spiritual Essence of Cosmic Creation Digital Art by Arcanico Luca Smith  Acquaviva

• Haha 1

Congrats! Well earned, although I'm starting to think that you're more "pro" than the other contestants, thus having an advantage!

Kidding aside, there's a big gap between you and the builders who only show up for the contest without any building stories or other contact with the community. Great job!

Thanks guys! 

6 hours ago, komodo said:

Congrats! Isn't this the first out of the new shop?
Throw it on the pile and start another one!

yes carved the top in the old shop, did the rest in the new one. I have 3 others I need to plough on with as soon as I get back from a weekend away, Currently feeling a bit burnt out after that silly competition.