Moderator Nominations

Hey Everyone!

We're now accepting nomiations for Moderator postions here on ProjectGuitar.com's forum. There are 2 (two) positions open. You can nominate anyone over the age of 18, except for yourself and those who are banned/suspended.

After someone is nominated, they'll need to accept (please post it here; don't PM it). If they choose not to accept, they will be out of the voting.

On March 4th, we'll have a ' 'til the end of the month' poll (no posting) and you will all get to vote.

Let's start crankin' out some nominations!

I nominate LoveKraft, Jeremy, Derek, and Setch.

I think LK and Setch are always levelheaded, even-tempered and fair, always look at both sides of the situation and don't play favorites, and both always have excellent advice.

And Jeremy, because he's been here since the beginning, and I think he really does love this place, even if I don't agree with him very often.

:DB):D

And bigDguitars (Derek) because he's got over 400 + feedback on eBay, and that says a LOT to me as far as his character and followthru and maturity.

I also think he's here more than I am, and I think he's generally always in a good mood, which I think is very important.

And the guy has a true passion for building guitars.

PS, I will decline Bowser's nomination, although I thank him for the thought.

I haven't been around all that long, for that matter, I will be gone for the next week. Once again, its time to monitor the yearly herring fishery in west coast BC waters. Good thing Drak turned down his nomination, LOL. Hes a real nutjob, loose cannon type of guy and he better take that as a compliment...or else. :D It just shows that hes a bit more alive than most of us and his "life force" is reflected very well in the work he puts out. 30 years from now all we will see is some guy with a big long beard sitting in the middle of a room full of his own hand crafted guitars..and playing the bassoon. :D

But as far as nominations go, I'm a fair judge of character and I will "one-up" the nomination for Lovecraft. Hes come across as very level-headed and expresses himself very well on this forum.

Edited by Southpa

Jeremy definately.. Hopefully he can fit it around his work but I dont think you could find a better future mod.

Setch is always a good voice of reason and experience.

Perry as a builder is fantastic and again a great source of information!

Lovekraft also has a great deal to offer to the forum and shows he can handle the heat and still be reasonable.

Drak you should reconsider mate I think you would do a fantastic job!

Bluespresence would also be great.

just my 2c... :D

:DOMG!! This has suddenly gone horribly wrong!! :D I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut ! B)

OK, I guess it's come to "Put up. or shut up!", and after my recent harangues, I really can't decline to participate without a really good reason, and since Southpa already used the BC herring fishery excuse (j/k - I just thought it was the best excuse I'd ever heard! B) ), I'd be a complete weenie to try to wiggle out (and I hate weenies!). That said, I'll definitely be voting for someone who knows a little more about actually building guitars - I can bolt up, solder up and set up a decent example, but my painting and woodworking skills are less than stellar, and I've never even attempted to build a neck, just a few partial refrets and dressings, so I'm probably the least qualified of anyone mentioned so far. Surely we can do better than that! :D

algee grow up faster.   you got a good head on your shoulders and have put some good stuff up

aww shucks BigD, you're making me blush :D .Thank you very much though :D

But anyways, since Drak turned it down my 2 nominees would have to be Lovekraft and Setch. 2 guys like everyone else said have keep a level mind and see both sides of the arguments. I also like how they voice there opinions from both sides, and help all the others understand better. I feel that they would be terrific mods. Those are my nominees. (any my little speech B) )

Edited by AlGeeEater

I gota say that Jeremy would make a great Moderator he is extremly knowledgeable in a ton of guitar related fields he has always been willing to help out and share his knolage with others he has a great positive attitude but not to the point where he will just let people walk all over him, and he is realy well liked by people on the forum!

So I nominate Jeremy

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Well, I sure didn't expect my name to pop up..... :D

I appreciate it. Even though I am probably a 2 on a scale of 1-10 on building knowledge compared to most here I do now have the time to mod if you guys choose. I quit my day job and will be working from home full time now.....which translates to sitting on the computer and getting paid. I won't be the font of knowledge the other mods are but after a few lessons from Brian, Wes and Kev I could help keep PG on the level.

Edit: Oh, and I think I meet the age requirement too..... :D

I'll echo all the calls for Lovecraft. Voice of reason when all around are calling names and throwing toys out of the pram, and an articulate SOB too :D

I'm flattered to be nominated, but I'll lay back and see what other names come up for a while before throwing my hat in. I just started as a MIMF library volunteer, so I don't want to have too many irons in the fire at once, but I'll definately mull it over.

Thanks guys.

**Edit**

Wow... talk about mixing my metaphors, hats, irons... it's all happening here :D

Can I just suggest that whoever is chosen as mod has a good understanding of the mod and admin side of the forum software. I think there are plenty of great and talented guitar builders here that'll lend their knowledge willing. I think a mod who just knows when people go too far and knows exactly what action to take is far more suited to the task.

:DOMG!! This has suddenly gone horribly wrong!! :D I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut !  B)

OK, I guess it's come to "Put up. or shut up!", and after my recent harangues, I really can't decline to participate without a really good reason, and since Southpa already used the BC herring fishery excuse (j/k - I just thought it was the best excuse I'd ever heard!  B) ), I'd be a complete weenie to try to wiggle out (and I hate weenies!). That said, I'll definitely be voting for someone who knows a little more about actually building guitars - I can bolt up, solder up and set up a decent example, but my painting and woodworking skills are less than stellar, and I've never even attempted to build a neck, just a few partial refrets and dressings, so I'm probably the least qualified of anyone mentioned so far. Surely we can do better than that!  :D

i think lovekraft would make a great,great moderator...and setch as well.

and lovekraft...moderating is mostly just about behavior,etiquitte(sp?),and making sure a debate stays reasonable.it really has very little to do with knowledge of building.

you are certainly smart enough to figure out when something is getting dragged through the gutter,and probably better than me at being civil when you have to call someone onto the carpet.

i think lovekraft is by far the best suggestion(my opinion) so far.

i also think jeremy would do fine,but as we all know,he is very busy.

i also like bluesprescence.(or however you spell it.i am tired)

feylya...i doubt these moderators will have access to the admin section.and the moderator software is VERY simple.

and when i was admin on another site,i figured out that part of the software within 2 days...it wasn't that tough...anyone with a brain will do fine.

yea southpa he knows his sheat.

also hynsu if we ever go Asain...

don't bring up Asain's right now.. Wes might remember the correct web address to that tenageasaincheerleader site that Kev referred to. lol..

p.s. before you blast me.. it's just a joke.. :D

Oh yeah, and I nominate Myka for Mod, since no one else has suggested him and he's actually gave some awesome tutorials that we can all learn from, like Brian's early tutorials when I first came here. But he's probably too busy actually building guitars though. Actually every suggestion so far sounds great.. Jeremy, Setch, Perry, etc. I also think that Maiden could do a great job, he's always around.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nominations but regretfully I must decline for a couple reasons.....

First, I'm simply too busy, I don't have the time to do what a moderator needs to do.

Secondly, I feel it would be a conflict of interest with LGM Guitars. I need to keep LGM Guitars first and foremost in my mind, and as just a member, when I see something that is against the rules, or poor poor advice etc, I can just stay quiet, as a mod I would be more obligated to do something about it, and I don't want anyone with hard feelings due to moderating anything.

So thanks again, but I have to decline :D

However, I do think Scott Rosenberger would be a good choice B)

Take it easy :D

I'd like to nominate psw and ansil, and umpteenth the vote for lovekraft, just so we can complete the "electronics triumvirate".

All three are knowledgeable about guitars, and are, in my experience, extremely fair and benevolent towards new members (God knows they've put up with my lack of electronics knowledge all too often.)

Moreover, they are all on here more or less daily, and could actually help with the job. I trust my freedom of speech in their hands.