If you had to choose only one......

rokstr

Which guitar would you choose if you could only play one the rest of your life?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what?!?!?!?

how could you hate it?!?!?

i know some people dont like the amazingly flat necks but they fit my hands perfectly.

and they are like amazinly rare O.O there was a month between seeing it and playing it (and falling in love) and me buying it and the price had gone up by £100!! coz they were all selling out.

Ha sorry but i love that guitar and i cant stand anyone to put it down!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]what?!?!?!?

i know some people dont like the amazingly flat necks but they fit my hands perfectly.

and they are like amazinly rare O.O there was a month between seeing it and playing it (and falling in love) and me buying it and the price had gone up by £100!! coz they were all selling out.

Ha sorry but i love that guitar and i cant stand anyone to put it down![/quote]

The necks are nice...the frets are soft though...

Main thing is they are tonally dead and overpriced.for the same price there are numerous esp ltd models equipped with the same pups and a better bridge,with mahogany or alder as a body wood.

my one aint tone dead.. it has brillient tone. when i chose it i was actully looking at getting an amp...i was just given that guitar to try out this marshall..i switched it on and it has such a sweet tone and sooo much sustain it was brillient!

[quote name='westhemann' post='330248' date='May 22 2007, 09:22 AM'][quote]what?!?!?!?

Ha sorry but i love that guitar and i cant stand anyone to put it down![/quote]

The necks are nice...the frets are soft though...

Main thing is they are tonally dead and overpriced.for the same price there are numerous esp ltd models equipped with the same pups and a better bridge,with mahogany or alder as a body wood.
[/quote]

I agree. For the price of an Ibanez you can get an LTD or even an ESP with better hardware, wood, and pickups. I'm more of a traditionalist though, so gimme my Strats and LPs!

[quote]I agree. For the price of an Ibanez you can get an LTD or even an ESP with better hardware, wood, and pickups.[/quote]

it has the best pickups for my style of playing :D and so what if it has basswood wings...its a through neck so they dont affect the tone that much anyway. they just affect the weight and basswood is quite light :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like PRS guitars & would be very tempted to go that route but I'd have to say a strat.

I spent several years avoiding strats & Les Pauls because of how common they are but when I was looking for a new "main" guitar about 10 years ago a sales guy got me to try a strat & I finally got it. It was what I had been looking for for years but my desperation to be different had stopped me. I've played some fairly average ones & mine isn't the best made one but it plays & sounds great. I expect that it will always be my main guitar & I can see me having it for the rest of my life. It has played in brilliantly & it feels so comfortable to play. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I would go with my favorite cheap guitar, a stagg clone of a jagmaster. I just need to put a texas special single coil in the neck, stock middle, and a dimarzio humbucker in the bridge, and get some locking tuners for it.

I'd be set. :D:

Well, for me it would be the Taylor. I have owned many a guitar in the past 10 years and I until recently I didn't realize how lovely the Taylor company actually is in their careful production and continuing care of their instruments. If you have ever had a Taylor acoustic neck pulled off of the body for a re-set, you know what I am referring to...

I have lived in this small apartment for about a year now where I am unable to play loudly through an amplifier and I don't like using headphones due to their concentrated noise-into-ear aspects over a long period of time, so I usually find myself strumming on my acoustic. I also removed myself from the live hard-rock circuit to focus on song-writing in my own little singer-song-writer world. I bought a Taylor 314 Koa back last November and I have yet to regret that purchase. It has been and incredible writing tool and is built solidly. I can't say the same thing about some of the other guitars I have owned in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

playability is about string and setup, not acoustic or electric.

Honestly, I'm surprised folks are going for factory guitars. I don't even own any guitars I didn't build any more, and the only ones I see myself owning in future (if any) are old/interesting/vintage ones I can learn from and enjoy in their own right. And/or trades.

One guitar: self-built acoustic, Cocobolo/Bearclaw Euro, Grand Auditorium. For electrics it'd be a chambered singlecut, maybe doublecut PRS-ish thing. Self-built. Probably blue. Or tiger eye.

[quote name='Mattia' post='343430' date='Aug 8 2007, 04:40 AM']playability is about string and setup, not acoustic or electric.

Honestly, I'm surprised folks are going for factory guitars. I don't even own any guitars I didn't build any more, and the only ones I see myself owning in future (if any) are old/interesting/vintage ones I can learn from and enjoy in their own right. And/or trades.

One guitar: self-built acoustic, Cocobolo/Bearclaw Euro, Grand Auditorium. For electrics it'd be a chambered singlecut, maybe doublecut PRS-ish thing. Self-built. Probably blue. Or tiger eye.[/quote]

The strings and the neck profile especially in the upper frets were what I meant.