Your Type Of Rock

Your type of rock  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't respond with "SENSES FAIL ISNT EMO! THEIR SECOND WAVE EMOPOPCOREMETAL!!!!!!!" because no one wants to hear that. Just pick the genre you listen to. lol. Some people dont listen to rock. If thats you, just post what you listen to in a reply.

Myself, I listen to hardcore. Some of my favs are norma jean, the chariot, underoath (old and new), and this runs through.

hehe, i love how you happened to include napalm death and doom

• 4 weeks later...

AS far as my position on the sub-sub-sub-sub-genre thing goes, The only "metal" sub-genres I really follow are German (or Euro, if I ever find a band from another Euro country that doesnt scream *coughBloodbathcough*) Metal, and Craptastic Metal (Which encompasses all the screaming metal). German metal to me has a sort of charm to it, and tends to sound not nearly as cheesy as most of the stuff coming from the US nowadays. Even the guitar work is a whole lot less cheesy... And don't get be started on screaming metal...

Tool is considered metal. Brian Adams is good too. I was listening to the local new era music radio station(rap, emo, pop, hip hop) and I hear a female pop band singing the Brian Adams song "Heaven". IMO Brian Adams sings better than the pop band!

Edited by PunkRockerLuke

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

:D AC/DC and The Scorps were Hair Metal?!?? I thought Hair Metal was those fey, over-medicated refugees from LA's beauty schools, like Motley Crue, Britney Fox, Winger and Poison. How about Queensryche, are they Hair Metal too? B)

What? You don't like Britney Fox!!??? Next you'll be knockin' C.C. Deville!! :D

Edited by palecriminal

• 1 month later...

sub-categories of metal are my pet peeve...thrash,death,hardcore,and glam pretty much describe everything out there that is really metal...all those other sub-sub genres only appeal to classification nerds...and if you are that hell bent on pigeonholing everything int a tiny category,then you are not a metal head,you are a nerd... :D

one thing i hate in metal are those operatic voices...give me the gutteral stuff anyday...but thrash and death are my main stay

...but you DID keep YOUR spandex pants from the 80's, didn't you?

Got any shots with your hair teased up real high?

:D :D B)

Gawd, that brought back memories, no I don't have them. But did have them stored away for a long time (purple/black tiger were my favorite) until stolen with most pictures from my past. I got robbed a couple of times in Oakland and lost stuff no one in this world would want but me. Thing missed most is recordings. Didn't do the teased hair much but remember freezing my bunn's off with those darn things, was so glad when shredded jeans came into popular stage garb. Ohhh...NEVER did makeup either!

Man, I had some fun back in those days!!!