Never Seen James With This Instrument

killemall8

Definitely photoshopped, but the different neck width between his fretting hand is accurate. Banjos have 5 strings, but 1 ends before the headstock. The neck gets substantially narrower after the 5th string ends, a few frets before the rest of the strings meet the headstock.

considering how **** metallica now are it wouldnt suprise me. old metallica would kick new metallica's ass all round the country if they saw the **** they do now! old metallica had Alcoholica, need I say more? No. thats right.

Mike

Thats a pretty crappy photoshop job B)

Although it would be pretty cool if a metal band got up on stage and played some bluegrass. :D :D

Ever see that David Lee Roth (I know, it's not metal... it just got me thinking) bluegrass thang? Pretty cool, though obviously novelty music is only "so" interesting.

As soon as Hayseed Dixie began to make the press there were a hundred of those types of bands popping up...same thing happened with Richard Cheese & all the lounge acts.

Soundgarden's Ty Cobb has some bluegrass mandolin throughout the chorus & even a mandolin solo, more of a punk song than metal but I guess they were a metal band in the traditional sense like the NWOBHM bands.