• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guess what... been havin problems with UPS as well.

First off they phone me on tuesday to ask if i want to pay my customs bill. Fair enough but they were asking for security codes i have been told never to give out to unsolicited callers, so since they rang me i wasnt goin to tell them.. Namely the 3 digits on the back. They said it wasnt a problem and they could send me a bill after as they usually do. fair enough. i also asked at that time if i could get the parcel sent to my work.... not untill they had tried to deliver it once to my home was the reply!!!

yesterday i get home and the card is there saying they had tried to deliver just as i expected so i phone them up and pay the customs bill (since i rang them) and i request a redelivery to work. No problem, it will be there tomorrow was the reply.

i check order tracking today and it says a second delivery attempt has failed because no one was home. So i phone up the number of the website and get the national centre. the guy i speak to looks on the system and tells me my phone number and redelivery address i had told the other person the night before.. so the redelivery request went onto the system but wasnt actioned before going onto the van. he said it was the local offices mistake and They would send a complaint to the local office. The local office then ring me 20 minutes later to explain how the customer service centre did it wrong. i very unpolitely explained to the woman that i did not care what had happened and i didint care about rivalries between eachoffice, i only cared about when i would get my parcel... This was just before lunch, my grouchiest time of day!!

so there we are. I requested a redelivery again and i think i am going to go home after work and phone up again to confirm they have a request for a redelivery.... then we will see - but it probably means a long drive on saturday morning (if they are open) to pick it up

And this post alone would be another arguement for people not wanting to move to the USA.

Ludicrous.

And this post alone would be another arguement for people not wanting to move to the USA.

Sounds like a stretch to me...more likely you just have a personal issue.

Random conversation overheard in Iran:

Guy #1...Yes,I was thinking of moving to the U.S. so I could pursue my lifelong dream of being a lifegaurd on a california beach.

Guy #2...Why did you decide against it?

Guy # 1...I heard u.p.s sometimes mis-delivers a package,and I just can't deal with that,so I decided to just stick it out at the sand coloring factory.

more like.....

Random conversation overheard in Iran:

Guy #1...Yes,I was thinking of moving to the U.S. so I could pursue my lifelong dream of being a lifegaurd on a california beach.

Guy #2...Why did you decide against it?

Guy # 1...I heard on this random guitar building site that no one who is looked for pros and cons of moving to america use, that u.p.s sometimes mis-delivers a package,and I just can't deal with that,so I decided to just stick it out at the sand coloring factory.

UPS does not stand for united states postal service. It's not our mail. It's a private company that delivers large packages and an overwhelming number of packages have on problems at all. If even a very small percentage of their packages had issues you'd be hearing about it all the time because of the sheer number of packages delivered.

Our mail is USPS and it's usually very very good, IIRC it's considered one of the best in the world for speed and low cost.

So like Wes said, thats not a real complaint, it just sounds like you have an issue. You'll probably be happy to know that many of our members here are from Europe and all around the world. I'd say it's a 60/40 split of US and Europe with a few from other cool places.

A company is only as good as it's employees and people is people no matter where you live.

Ok i will give UPS there due now... I have my parcels!! :D

After complaining for the second time today they got in touch with the driver and had him finally deliver it to my work. She did explain that my original redelivery request had only reached them by fax this morning but she didnt explain why the complaint and redelivery request i put in with her yesterday did not get sorted.

I dont like complaining, i really dont like having to complain twice about the same thing and i really really dont give a sh*t about their internal office politics!!!

But all is well that ends well and i will start a thread about my warmoth build

Our mail is USPS and it's usually very very good, IIRC it's considered one of the best in the world for speed and low cost.

USPS is doing pretty good job for me at the moment.

aaa.jpg

huh, when i get tracking info from usps, it doesnt show anything like that at all. it will say that they were notified, then it will say it is delivered. nothing in between.

USPS is doing pretty good job for me at the moment.

aaa.jpg

huh, when i get tracking info from usps, it doesnt show anything like that at all. it will say that they were notified, then it will say it is delivered. nothing in between.

It might be different for international shipments.

Hmm... I didn't get anything like that either, as I recall it only says that the parcel has left the country basically.

Anyway, I've only used UPS once for sending my ipod off to repair, had a bit of a problem with them but nothing major.

I usually use DHL or USPS for my orders from the US. DHL has been extremely fast at every occasion (1,5 days from stewmac to Sweden) although I get the same problem with them every time. This is what usually happens.

1. I order a package from Stewmac

2. Some day later I'm woken up by the DHL delivery guy standing outside my buiding and calling me. This is great news, however they now tell you the little detail that you need x amount in cash to pay customs etc. They can't give you a bill, you can't pay by card, and it has to be EVEN money, no change given.

3. I ask if they can meet me at the atm wich is only 300m away, nope can't do that they'll come back tomorrow.

I just clicked additional details.

Edited by RGman

Just a word of advice... and this is no joke. My sons former t-ball coach is a driver for UPS. Great guy. Super coach. He told me once, that the guys at UPS have their own acronym... Use Purolator Stupid. Personally, I have completely boycotted UPS insofar as their "administrative" cost for Customs clearance is concerned. I ordered a 60$ PU for my guitar from the States about 2 years ago. Got it quick. Got a bill for 50$ "administrative" charge for brokerage 2 weeks later. Never paid it, and never will. As far as I'm concerned, they can take a flying f**k at a rolling donut. Since then, I Use Postal Stupid. If it only ships UPS, I just don't buy it. Period.

Excuse me, now I have to go lie down. Just got a head rush from being so militant. Think I'll have a cigarette too...

Cheers.

Edited by digi2t

I had something quite similar happen to me a few years ago, I shipped an amp to Canada via UPS, figured it was the logical thing to do as I use them all the time here.

And I got a similar outlandish bill weeks after the fact. It was just a small amp head too, not a large combo, and I got a bill for ~$70.00.

This was AFTER I paid all the normal shipping expenses up front, this was a completely additional bill on top of the first ($50.00 or so)

I asked the buyer in Canada to split the bill with me as it was completely unexpected.

He agreed (we are forum-mates on another forum), and schooled me to never use UPS for international shipments again, that the standard Postal Service (U.S. Mail) offered the same service for basically next to nothing.

Lesson learned...

I shipped some les paul pickups overseas once to a forum member so he could build a les paul with the right pickups(As I switch all mine to EMG),and I priced it via Fed Ex,UPS,and USPS...

Fed Ex was $75,UPS was $40,and USPS was like $8....so guess who I used....I think it took like 2 weeks or so to get there,but it did get there.

But I don't want to bash UPS too much...they deliver alot my way and they usually get the job done right...Fed Ex always screws the pooch in my area.

I have no idea what "used puralator stupid" is supposed to mean....

Interestingly enough...on FM 2222 this morning(near MT Bonnell) here in Austin I happened on a wreck...a UPS truck had flipped on it's side around a corner and the Fire/Rescue guys were on scene.The driver was a lady,but seemed okay.looked like she was crying...pretty attractive too,from what I could see.That part of the road sees alot of wrecks,especially when it is wet like this morning.

Anyway...somebody's packages got pretty banged up.