Long Hair?

Ilikes2shred

Long Hair  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 38 - almost 39. I've had ponytail length hair on two separate occasions. It's currently pretty "high & tight", but that's not by personal choice. I'd rather have it at shoulder length. Think "Bee Gees" or Peter Frampton.

Once I shaved my head. It was a lesson in "don't do it when you're drunk and REALLY upset". Fortunately it was just hair and it grew back - nothing permanent.

My current job is on a government contract doing work for the AFCA at Scott AFB. They wouldn't take it too well if I had longer hair and wanted to work for the Air Force.

I also have an agreement with my wife, a former licensed stylist who does my hair. She wants short hair for herself and likes short hair on men, I'm the opposite liking long hair on women and longer hair for me. The deal is that she can keep my hair short but che can't cut hers.

Edited by avengers63

I also have had long hair twice now - both times down to mid-bottom ribcage.

First time I grew when I was in secondary school, and grunge was big, which I shaved off.

Second time was just cause I missed it, and got cut short just for the change.

Third time it got to chin length, then I shaved down to a #1, where I happily keep it.

Long hair used to coincide nicely with the music for me - you like heavy metal, you have long hair, it's one of the "rules".

Nowadays, Im a bigger metalhead than ever, and I like it skinned. I also have missing teeth and wear doc martens (shoes, not patent leather monstrosities), so I look a bit of a thug (unintentionally, believe me).

I wouldnt mind my really long hair back, but I'd have to take care of it, it was a disaster of split ends and poofyness last time.

If you picture a bowling ball you're in the ballpark

currently completely shaved and beard free, but it all grows so bloody fast its hard to keep under control

i used to have long hair when i was 13-17, it used to be in dreads which invariably got dyed stupid colours - when i cut them off i had rings of different colour going through them

i would gladly have long hair again if it wasnt for the fact i would have to grow it... it would take years to get to my shoulders because its so damn curly

i really miss it when i am trying to dance

I cut all mine off about 14 years ago.. crap, feel old now

When I was still working in restaurants, I would frequently make pop culture references to things that happened before some of my co-workers were born.

I started playing guitar in 1987, so I've been playing longer than some posters here have been alive. I've owned my Steinberger longer than some as well (1989).

The first time I felt old I was only 20 (1990). I was seeing a girl that was 16. She didn't know who Speed Racer was.

Then I saw Star Wars in the theater for it's 20th anniversary re-release (1997). I had seen it in the theaters the first time around (1977).

Here's a point to ponder: This year's college graduating class will bot remember a time when there was NOT CDs, cordless phones, cable TV, remote controls, a Walkman, and home computers. They will not remember when there WAS: the Berlin Wall, casettes, a black Michael Jackson, or an MTV that played videos.

Well, I've long hair and I'm only 15. I know, I'm like a baby here with you grandpas around. :D

I've had also really short hair in kindergarten and elementary school. But in seventh class my hair was about at shoulders. Now they're somewhere on half-back.

I hate how I look with short hair. :D

- Juze aka Ghroath

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I'll admit that presently I have long hair...I haven't cut it since the separation in 2005 and a decet kind of horse tail going on back there...but then my hair is recedding back, so I could jell it into a decent comover with fringe to my nose if I felt the need. Always tied back...why, same with the beard...lazy mostly.

I have it as short as a #2 before that...my hair needs to be either long or very short because it's wavy and will stick out everywhere. Mind you...everyone wants to cut off this ponytail, especially women...so there is possibly a lesson there...who knows...

Meanwhile...avengers feels old...I started playing guitar around 1974...learned to play guitar by slowing down vinyl records and thought it was particularly cool to make recordings by bouncing between a pair of cassette players...once they had been invented and became affordable.

My dad was an architect and had one of the first calculators...still have it...not only could it add, but subtract multiply and divide. Of course in school, I had to learn with a slide rule and books of tables.

I remember my dad taking me to an "exhibition of the future" in about 1968...that's right, before the moon landing...and they told us we would learn by video in individual isolation pods and live in inflatable houses or geodesic domes...so, where's my flying car, hmmmm

Who knows why people grow their hair long...I don't really fit into any of the usual groups for which it is associated...hippie, druggie, metal head, biker...so I think I put it down to laziness and a lack of caring at this present time...plus, it probably looks a lot better and younger than the alternatives and shaving the head is so parse these days...I'd probably look like some kind of escaped convict with that look...hahaha

ponytail...sure, want to buy a used car...maybe an advertising campaign!