Stereordinary's "oceana Prototype"

I've been on this forum for a few years now, and I don't post very much. I just like to be helpful where I can, and I don't have time to be too active on all of the forums that I like to go to. But I really like this place, and a lot of the people here. Yet, so far I haven't ever made a new thread to show some of my work.

I would have liked to make a proper build thread, but on this particular guitar I didn't take very many in progress shots. But this section is for in progress and finished work, so I guess this is more like a finished thread. Even though this guitar still needs some work, including a refinish. You can't see it in these (totally un-doctored) photos, but the paint job is pretty bad. It wasn't done by me, I had handed it off to a local guy to paint. So eventually I'll have to strip and refinish this, but as for now it takes a nice photo, and I thought I would show you all.

Hope you like it!

OceanaPrototype05.jpg

OceanaPrototype10.jpg

OceanaPrototype08.jpg

OceanaPrototype07.jpg

OceanaPrototype09.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

How thick is the body ?

The body is somewhere around 1.75" thick. The bevel makes it look thin.

nice build you should give it a go at gotm

Can I do that? Sorry for my daftness, but I've never put in for GOTM, and I don't really follow it too much, or know how it works. Plus, wasn't there a thread recently about people entering for GOTM and not posting build threads? I don't wanna be one of those guys. I want to a do a right proper build thread here someday. I just didn't hardly take any pictures of this one while I was building it.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

How thick is the body ?

The body is somewhere around 1.75" thick. The bevel makes it look thin.

Can I do that? Sorry for my daftness, but I've never put in for GOTM, and I don't really follow it too much, or know how it works. Plus, wasn't there a thread recently about people entering for GOTM and not posting build threads? I don't wanna be one of those guys. I want to a do a right proper build thread here someday. I just didn't hardly take any pictures of this one while I was building it.

Go for the GOTM .

Even *I've* entered into it and mine are some of the ugliest builds here.

It's a beautiful build , very original , yet familiar. Hard thing to accomplish anymore !

Congrats. :D

well this is turnning in to a tough month but your build is solid and i think it will do well. there is no requirement that you have a build thread or that you have even built the guitar. its open to any guitar you own its guitar of the month not build of the month. go ahead and enter if you want or wait unitl december if you think you would have a better chance then. and if you dont want to thats your right just please if you do have fun with it and dont take it too serously like some others have lately.

Go for the GOTM .

well this is turnning in to a tough month but your build is solid and i think it will do well. ...and if you dont want to thats your right just please if you do have fun with it and dont take it too serously like some others have lately.

Alright, you guys talked me in to it. I'll just throw in for it now, I got nothing to lose. :D