Your first guitar

bigdguitars

I was reading the poll on what guitar is the best value and I had to put in my thought on Brian not having a squire strat as his first.

So what was yours? do you miss it? I kinda had two guitars:

A series 10 strat copy that was my sisters that I started to play around with.

Then the first guitar I bought was a Jackson JTX, man I wish I had the pickups out of this guitar.... Anyone got one? want to sell me the pickups? Had this great wind cries mary tone. Was so sweet. Why did I ebay it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first and only acoustic is a 1968 Commadore archtop with standard tobbaco burst

Electric is 1997 Washburn Lyon strat copy, still have it, its a real player

built a randy rhoads copy that needs strings and to be fretted

have a left handed DC Kent guitar (custom built for my dad, the guy that built was named Kent)

Curtis

first guitar was a argos classical, first electric is a westone thunder 1 A, I git the guitar and £30 for a trade on a game cube! I love the guitar, I still use it reguarlly.

Random Squier strat was my first guitar... still have it, but soon giving it to my g/f for her to learn on... current guitar Ibanez S470... and my next guitar is still being built :D

My first ever guitar was a Kay 3/4 sized classical, which I strung with electric guitar strings for some reason, cut my fingers to ribbons for about a year until I got my first electric - a black strat copy by Columbus. It had a black painted fretboard, and over the years the paint all came off and left the wood beneath. I played that thing for hours every day, it was awesome.

rented a black and white Squier P-bass, used credit on the rental to buy an epiphone "gig rig" classic sunburst P-bass. I still love the headstock that thing had: 4-in line angled, with the scalloped bottom!

First real bass I got for 8th grade graduation: a 1987 G&L SB-1 in black with a maple fretboard. Love that thing, actually I kinda like it better than the custom walnut bass I just built. The next bass I build is gonna have the same neck contours as the G&L, and I actually got my hands on some honest to goodness G&L bass humbuckers. Yay!

First acoustic was a Marlin (NOT Martin, :D ) steel string acoustic ordered from Sears about 1975. First electric was a black Hagstrom III I bought in 1983. Sold it twice but each time it fell back into my hands. I guess its mine for life. B)

Sey Southpa. Mine was a Marlin Sidewinder Electric in grey! God I remember the action on that thing!!! OUCH!!!! hahaha I still got it in bits in the garage though. :D

Cost me $30 second hand!!!!!