The Tremol-no Has Been Licensed!

Hey folks! I have some great news for everyone:

THE TREMOL-NO HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!

More info can be found here:

http://www.tremol-no.com/license.htm

Like the site says, don't hammer AllParts for units yet. Give them a few weeks to get them built and shipped to their door. Building 100 is pretty quick; building 10,000 takes a *little* more time. Let's hope for deliveries to start happening somewhere around Summer NAMM (a total guess, but...should be close to then).

Price: MSRP will be somewhere between $50 and $60, which includes the Deep-C.

The Tremol-No Classic will be the first model built. If all goes well, we will follow up with the Tremol-No Standard for all the Ibanez guys.

I would like to thank a few people, if you guys don't mind....

First off, Rachel. For sticking with me, not minding that I stay up for days at a time, down in the shop, running the milling machine all damn night while she's sleeping. I wish everyone could have a girl like her in their life. She really is fantastic. I'm one lucky SOB.

I have to thank my parents. They were super-supportive of this whole project (once I explained exactly what a tremolo system did. LOL). They're just plain awesome.

My patent attorney, Sean Casey. That guy doesn't own a guitar, but man....he rocks harder than Peter North in a Victoria's Secret store.

Next off, all the guitar people-

The entire AllParts company, Lisa Sharken, Steve Blucher, Jim Donahue, all the folks at Ibanez and the LACS, the guys at Fernades Co. Japan, the uber-techs at Ernie Ball/Music Man, Jol Dantzig, my buddies at Peavey, John Suhr, Nik Huber and 'Vegas Greg', every single one of the players on the Players page, and those who aren't up there (you know who you are), Larry Davis and his crew, Vince Cunetto, and last (but not least), Joe Satriani for calling my house right before I was about to put the first fork full of dinner to my mouth. :D

And my online buddies-

-Project Guitar forum members

-The Gear Page forum members (and admin!!!)

-The Vai.com forum (and admin!!!)

-The Memphis Monster and the Shawn Lane forums (all versions)

-The *real* Allan Holdsworth forum

-The Nik Huber board (and admin!!!)

-Sevenstring.org forum members (and admin!!!)

Some are goofballs, some are psychos, all of them better players than me, but I'm proud to be able to call them the folks I hang out with online.

If I left anyone out, please forgive me. It's been a 2.5 year process, and some of the names probably just escape me right now.

And thanks to everyone that's ever emailed me about the Tremol-No. You guys have sent me the coolest emails, and some of the most bizarre requests. All of them have been awesome.

Thanks again to everyone. I'll update the site as soon as AllParts has units ready to ship out.

Rock on!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Frank- coming from you, that means a lot. I know you've seen all the kooky stuff, the crap stuff, and the good stuff. It's nice to know that this rates high on your list. Maybe up there with the Frank Falbo Cavity Cover?

(inside joke folks. Sorry)

I'm trying to think of the best reward so far...It might be the words "very cool product" coming from Jol Dantzig, or John Suhr saying "I'd like to check one out". Wait...I know what it is: It's an IM I got from one of my testers, Norm Hammer. Last week he told me that his Tremol-No was still working perfectly, after 1.5 years of hardcore bar gigs and festival shows in the same guitar. He's done almost no maintenance on the Tremol-No in that time, and it's saved him a couple of times (string break while he's locked down).

So far, that's the reward I've enjoyed the most.

Thats great to hear! I am new to the scene, but it was one of the first topics I read about and I felt it was a good idea. I'm a fixed bridge kinda guy btw. So I'm glad everything worked out for you, on the post I read, some people were making it sound as if it wasn't going to happen, but I know if you have a vision whether it will sell or not you will see it through to the end. Seeing you make it after the time put in, inspires me to finish a prototype of another guitar product I randomly came up with one day. I don't think it would be as useful or functional as yours, but I might be able to sell a few and just be happy with that! Good luck with everything and I'll let you know my experience with your product once I've gave it a run, I'm not that hard on my guitars so if it will hold up gigging for a while for some then I should have no issue what so ever. Btw it's really cool to see someone from here do something as you are doing, besides custom guitar. Jason

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I don't even play guitar, but I might have to build one -just- so I can buy a Tremol-No!

Again, congrats! It's been a long road to say the least, but I'm really glad you've finally made it!

By the way, when you turn into an eccentric billionaire from all the money you make with this (and others) guitar invention, would you mind throwing a few bucks to get this forum some more bandwidth? :D

Congrats, thats really awesome that it all finally worked out, I remember when i first came to this forum I read the webpage of a man with a plan, he had built the tremel-no and I was ecstatic about it (me being a floyd rose kinda guy and all) then I was disappointed to learn it wasnt available to the public yet but now my hopes may finally be realised and yours too as the tremel-no finally becomes available. I can't wait to see you in guitar world :D

Great news Kevan, someone mentioned it on the Hamer fan club board and searching for it brought me to Project guitar some 18 months ago !

I'll start hassling the Alparts UK post haste......

Jem.

I shall also be hassling them!

Congratulations Kevin... Great work, shall be added a.s.a.p! Ill PM you with how it gets abused lol!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Awesome!!

I'm actually glad the Classic is coming out first because that's what I need on my old MIM Strat. It's finally going to stay in tune, or I can just lock the damn thing down!

BTW, any word on trem cavity covers with access holes for the adjustment knobs? Or was that the Frank Falbo Cavity Cover inside joke?