This isnt' a joke i searched and didnt' see anyone posting here about it so i am guessing no one else knows right now.

Bill aka Lovekraft died a couple of days ago. I found out about it when i called friday night to see what he was up too. its strange we talked abotu music a few months ago and this song by catherine wheel black metallic kept popping up on my mp3 player and i like it but not enought to hear it 50times in one night but anyway taht was one of his songs he was diggin on. things are really strange like that.

anyway i posted this to say farewell to a friend and to let the pgf comunity know of our loss.

if everyone would keep his family in their prayers i am sure they would appreciate it.

ed

Woah. We're not havin' a good past couple a months here on PG. This truely is a loss. Way back when whhen I literally FIRST got into building he was the one that was up to the task and gave me the wiring schematics that I needed. And once again, when the Meu X came around he was the first to jump up and offer his expertise. On PG, whenever I think "electronics" he's always the first person to pop into my mind. He was an asset to this comminity indeed.

He'll be missed,

Chris

Lovekraft helped me personally many times and in many different ways. He didn't have to, he chose to. And he seemed to enjoy it-- helping people in general to sort out their electronics-related problems in particular. At various times he have had some PM exchanges that I truly valued, as well.

A real loss to this community, but ultimately our wee little online presence is probably nothing compared to the big impact he had on his own "real" world. I can only imagine the positive influence he had on his friends and loved ones.

Greg

oh man...that sucks...

he was one of the few guys on this board i could call a friend...he told me alot of recording tricks and tips when i was first trying to start putting down some tracks.

i like to think we had a lot in common...except he didn't argue nearly as much as me.

i wonder if he got to finish his pedal he was inventing...he was going to send me one to check out

i am going offline for the rest of the night...kind of a moment of silence,if you will

What a bummer. LoveCraft was a great member, and I'm genuinely saddened to hear he's gone. His demeanor on the boards makes it pretty clear he was a smart, funny, and kind hearted guy, and I'm sure he'll be greatly missed by his family and friends. My thoughts will be with them over what is sure to be a very difficult christmas.

How? WHY? He was only 50 yrs old, 3 yrs older than me! BIG loss for me and for this board. LK is what real people are made of. As far as the contribution he made to me and everyone else, he did not mince words. EVERY word he spoke has some measure of value and he was always right on track. I feel a lot older right now. :D

This isnt' a joke i searched and didnt' see anyone posting here about it so i am guessing no one else knows right now.

Bill aka Lovekraft died a couple of days ago. I found out about it when i called friday night to see what he was up too. its strange we talked abotu music a few months ago and this song by catherine wheel black metallic kept popping up on my mp3 player and i like it but not enought to hear it 50times in one night but anyway taht was one of his songs he was diggin on. things are really strange like that.

anyway i posted this to say farewell to a friend and to let the pgf comunity know of our loss.

if everyone would keep his family in their prayers i am sure they would appreciate it.

ed

This post is from Bill's (Lovekraft's) wife Jennifer. I found this site on his computer and knew how much time he spent with you guys. He loved the information he got from you all and enjoyed sharing his knowledge with you. He will be greatly missed in the music community here in Alabama. I thank you all for your kind words. I've read the posts regarding his death and I'm grateful that he was able to share himself with so many.

Bill became sick Wednesday (12/6/06) and was rushed to the emergency room here in Prattville, AL He was diagnosed with a severly inflamed pancreas which dehydrated his body and caused his kidneys to shut down. On Thursday (12/7/06) at approximately 3:00 p.m. he left this life to go to a greater gig. I miss him very much. I thought all of you should know this and know that she spent many hours with you and I know he will miss you all.

Jennifer Love

Prattville, AL

ed

ed

This post is from Bill's (Lovekraft's) wife Jennifer. I found this site on his computer and knew how much time he spent with you guys. He loved the information he got from you all and enjoyed sharing his knowledge with you. He will be greatly missed in the music community here in Alabama. I thank you all for your kind words. I've read the posts regarding his death and I'm grateful that he was able to share himself with so many.

Bill became sick Wednesday (12/6/06) and was rushed to the emergency room here in Prattville, AL He was diagnosed with a severly inflamed pancreas which dehydrated his body and caused his kidneys to shut down. On Thursday (12/7/06) at approximately 3:00 p.m. he left this life to go to a greater gig. I miss him very much. I thought all of you should know this and know that she spent many hours with you and I know he will miss you all.

Jennifer Love

Prattville, AL

ed

Bill will be truly missed here at PG and his legacy here will carry on in his posts of past. To you Mrs Love, I offer a great heartfelt hug for your loss. To you and your family, our gratitude to a wonderful man. Our prayers to you and family as well. If we can be of help in this time of loss, please let us know. May God bless you and your family. Rest in peace Bill Love.

Sincerely,

Mike Kroening aka MiKro

It's strange...I changed my sig when I found out Bluespresence died and I was about to change it back. Now I guess I won't.

Bill was cool. He really helped me put some things together that I never quite understood from my old electronics classes. He was a great moderator because he also never took sides and always told people to take the high road and rise above petty arguments. Last year I sold him some pickups I had laying around when I really needed the money and he was very patient with my newbishness with paypal. Good guy all around.

True southern gentlemen never really die--their legacy lives on in the lives they touched. I get the feeling he touched a lot more than the people on the board, and he'll truly be remembered and missed like a gentleman should be. I remember how I lost my grandfather at a rather young age (64) and almost my father three years ago (56). Even though 60 is supposedly the new 40, you gotta love the people around you because they could be gone at any time.

Goodbye, Bill Love, my friend. :D

Edited by crafty

How? WHY? He was only 50 yrs old, 3 yrs older than me! BIG loss for me and for this board. LK is what real people are made of. As far as the contribution he made to me and everyone else, he did not mince words. EVERY word he spoke has some measure of value and he was always right on track. I feel a lot older right now. :D

with so many members on a board like this, it is unavoidable to lose members as they "go to a greater gig".

the talents and skill required for guitar building are gradually acquired over a lifetime.

so, the ones lost, are often older, more knowledgeable, and have the wisdom of their years.

still, understanding the logic of this does nothing to fill the void left behind.

all we can do, is express to their families, our sorrow for their loss.

and remember to value those who remain, knowing each conversation, might possibly be our last with them.

unk

Shocking. Me and Bill had quite a bit of communication together a few years ago. He had designed a whole 2-band preamp for my basses in his own free time and totally for free. We spent weeks and months trying to get it to work. Unfortunately, the prototype I built never worked in the end because of my lack of debugging skills.

It's sad that such a nice guy is gone, I'll miss him.