Average Age Of Pg'ers

Prostheta

How old were you as of Feb 2007?  

280 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29.......feel like 50. Broken bones, torn ligaments, arthritis in all of my joints from skateboarding, BMXing, snowboarding, not actually doing all of those things, but from falling:>) ... now it takes me a bit of time to get out of bed, and I aint even 30.

JUst wait until you are close to 50 Then it really hurts LOL:))) I know the broken bones, and torn parts. Rodeoing and other things, Motocross and whatnot have taken there toll. So be aware that the weather will eat your butt. YOU WILL KNOW EVERY CHANGE IN BAROMETRIC PRESSURE as it happens. I hope you are spared those wonderful feelings.

LOL:)))

MK

29.......feel like 50. Broken bones, torn ligaments, arthritis in all of my joints from skateboarding, BMXing, snowboarding, not actually doing all of those things, but from falling:>) ... now it takes me a bit of time to get out of bed, and I aint even 30.

JUst wait until you are close to 50 Then it really hurts LOL:))) I know the broken bones, and torn parts. Rodeoing and other things, Motocross and whatnot have taken there toll. So be aware that the weather will eat your butt. YOU WILL KNOW EVERY CHANGE IN BAROMETRIC PRESSURE as it happens. I hope you are spared those wonderful feelings.

MK

Tell me about it and I'm only 27.

22, with 3 years of law school still to come

It seems like many here are in engineering or related fields. Personally, I’ve never studied ME or artistic design – woodworking and luthiery have become a hobby to get away from straight book learning and do something with my hands that exercises the other half of my brain. I’d like to be something of a Renaissance man someday

MK

Tell me about it and I'm only 27.

It sux and only gets worse. I feel for ya BRO!!

Feb. 10-1941. Just call me gramps :D Been lurking for a couple of years. I will retire March 15-07. New shop is built and will be outfitted by the 20th mar.. I have alot of catching up to do. My first project will be repairs to my 7th birthday present, my first instrument a Martin uke. With all the good people and information on this site, I'm sure I will have no problems with it at all. It's about 1330 hrs. in this time zone so better get some rest.(old bones)

Im 18

• 4 weeks later...

41 years old and if I shave off my beard still get asked for ID at the beer store.I f they do ask I just remove my hat and they say sorry old man.Battered body from being a carpenter for 23 years and being a reckless kid my entire life.Bad knees from motox racing and snowboarding and the rest of my body is bad from saying watch this or i bet I can.Slowing down now so that maybe that in retirement I will have enough left to crawl out of the golf cart to whack the ball.I have had a big old probably shouldn't have done that life :D

I'm 21, and while not a mechie-type, I'm a EE/math student up here in the Great White North. It's a bit cold, but hell if the beer isn't worth it. :D (I'm kinda suprised to see the relatively large Canuck population on this place)

While I'm not playing with mech design s*** here, I definitely got a fair dose of that through my HS tech courses (CNC programming, CAD systems, robotics, and all that...). Though frankly, I'm starting to move away from the eng systems and more into the applied math field. It sho' would be nice to own a CNC setup, though... :D

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.... Matlab pwnz ur souls, n00bs! B)

I was going to say 37, started to count, realised I'm 38, soon 39 and heading for the big four-o :D

• 2 weeks later...

I fit in between the 18-20 group, though i feel old today as my right knee plays up in cooler weather, thanks to slamming my knee into a tree when the forks on my yz426 bottomed out after a slight jump, a few years back.

Edited by RGman

• 4 weeks later...
Feb. 10-1941. Just call me gramps :D Been lurking for a couple of years. I will retire March 15-07. New shop is built and will be outfitted by the 20th mar.. I have alot of catching up to do. My first project will be repairs to my 7th birthday present, my first instrument a Martin uke. With all the good people and information on this site, I'm sure I will have no problems with it at all. It's about 1330 hrs. in this time zone so better get some rest.(old bones)

Dad? Is that you? :D