Your Favrite Style Of Music

Daniel Sorbera

your favrite style of music  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for other, because it's just to hard to pick one style of music. I listen to a wide variety of music, though I have to say it's mainly classic rock, blues, 80's rock, and metal. But sometimes I like just sitting down and jamming on the acoustic for hours upon end :D . I lean more towards blues and classic rock though.

EDIT----What about country, and disco? :DB)

:D Lizard_King

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for other, because it's just to hard to pick one style of music. I listen to a wide variety of music, though I have to say it's mainly classic rock, blues, 80's rock, and metal. But sometimes I like just sitting down and jamming on the acoustic for hours upon end  :D . I lean more towards blues and classic rock though.

EDIT----What about country, and disco?  :D  B)

B) Lizard_King

That depends... do Jamiroquai and P-Funk count as disco? Heh. I already voted for blues, but I'll donate a half a vote to disco if they count :D.

Edited by jnewman

i love playing metal of all sorts,

been listening to death metal lots recently. love meshuggah's stuff, generally the heavy stuff - been glues to the 24/7 death metal channel on iTunes.

i also love baroque/classical stuff - im weird.

Mike

You'd be hard-pressed to name a type of music I DON'T like, I like music like people like food.

You eat only cheesburgers your whole life?

I probably like almost -every- -single- type of music out there, past and present, that you could possibly throw at me.

It would take me more than a page or two to list them all, and I know I would leave something out, so I won't even bother trying.

Music just runs thru my soul like water covers the Earth, it doesn't matter what form or variety, I like it and listen to it.

I certainly don't like every BAND out there, but I probably like every form of music GENRE you could possibly name.

The expression of music, taken at it's most basic primitive level, just resonates within me, no matter what the source, country, or instrument. If I listen to it long enough, I will find some part of it that I like.

I love music as a whole, as an entire dinner from entre to every item on the main course to dessert to the after-dessert apartife, I enjoy it all.

A lot of people classify who they 'are' thru the music they like, like a metalhead will identify themselves with other metalheads and become physically ill if taken to an opera.

Not me. I can easily switch from the deepest oldest Appalachian Bluegrass to the most ecclectic French synthesizer-based Space music to the funkiest Mexican siesta music to Australian Indie music to ad inifinitum ad nauseum...Man, I just loves me some day-um music!

A lot of people classify who they 'are' thru the music they like, like a metalhead will identify themselves with other metalheads and become physically ill if taken to an opera.

Not me man :D I love darker opera and Acoustic classical, Medieval classical,

this one is deadly so much emotion from just voices!!

it's just a sample of Medieval classical

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/profiles/rams/phildegardeucha.ram

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

i like most kinds of music, the exception being METAL. i hate it!! the heavy distortion and constant lack of vocal talent really makes me want to punch someone. however i do like (in moderation) some static x and SOAD (phsycing up for rugby) and some mainstream like fatboy slim (he has some funny songs). i like most things from the eagles to santana to Guns 'n roses. most old rock type stuff i like, led zeppelin, deep purple etc. dont mind a bit of the old banjo either.

thats all from me

luke

:D:D

I voted metal, but I suppose I could sub-class to shred. I don't know if he really counts as shred in my book, but my favorite player is Eric Johnson. I guess he really wouldn't be metal either. I like Satriani, Joe Stump, Vinnie Moore, Steve Morse, several other "shred" type guys.

Band-wise I'd have to say my favorite bands are mostly '80s/early '90s era hair bands. VH, White Lion, Motley, Poison etc.

I also like Monte Montgomery, Tommy Emmanuel, Charlie Hunter, KWS, Joe Bonamassa, Acoustic Alchemy, etc. Anything with some guitar that catches my ear for whatever reason. Hell, I even like the Indigo Girls.

As far as the new stuff, I like Magic Elf, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God. Reminds me of the good old Metallica/Death Angel/Megadeth/Exodus/Anthrax days.

I'm mostly listening to jazz and classical right now, (that's what I'm studying), but I have a huge collection of music, indian music, classical, blues, rock, acoustic, lots of music from south america, mexico, the carribean, funk, country. I've listened to some metal but haven't delved into it as much as I should. I do appreciate the creativity, though. Some of the stuff I've heard has had really crazy time signatures and is WAY fast. I can definitely respect that, even if I don't listen to it as much.

I used to play Latin Folk- I can sing like a mariachi BEFORE beer.

RIght now I'm working on playing underneath spoken word stuff with a vocalist. I'm doing something similar to charlie hunter (soloing in the bass while keeping the chords going), but all acoustic. I like to play (and listen to) all kinds of stuff.

THe only music I can't really get into is techno, but I have heard some interesting stuff integrated into it. Straight techno is a little dry, though.

All I can say is, keep your mind (and your ears) open.

other:

Heavy slow metal (my dying bride)

Dark acoustic styles (Anathema)

I like to incorrporate and try ANY instrument with my music, especially violins and piano.

I can't really describe my lyrical style though but its not nu-metal, emo, nu-punk or stuff like that.

-Jamie

no classic country fans here? bluegrass? hmmm... Roy Nichols, Chet Atkins, Albert Lee, Jerry Reed? :D I like everything. Merle and Waylon to Mr. Bungle and Supafuzz to JD Crowe and the new south. And some of the new guys in country are amazing players. Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Vince Gill(not really new anymore) Steve Wariner etc. Give me a TELE! :D

definately metal

slayer, pantera, old metallica (pre black album)

i also love the old seventies bands, led zep, deep purple, sabbath, ramones, jethro tull, but i predominantly listen to metal.

Man...

A lot of people like Metal.

I find most Death Metal insanely contrived. Although, I suppose thankfully so. If those guys really believed in a rain of blood and sacrificing themselves to demons, it would be even scarier.

I like certain Metal, though... the ol' Metallica, Testament, Megadeth, Anthrax thing was great for a while.

Nowadays, I'll take Louis Armstrong, Chet Atkins, Norah Jones, or Neil Finn over any of them. :D

Greg

• 1 month later...

alternative, because there are just so many options left to be fitted in there.

all the different genres of rock apart from classic rock. classical music. alternative music.

..rave.. ahem...

Edited by smitty

i voted blues cause i need my stevie and my jimi and my buddy and my muddy. but i like funk and alternative and folk and a little bit of G love and the special and i'm the worlds biggest beatles fan (thats to say i enjoy there music immensely not that i'm immense). so if beatles would have been up there or 60's pop/rock(which is how there classified) i would of had to of voted for that.

• 1 month later...

Old standards for me. They can be played any way you want. Rock-style, metal, jazz or any other treatment as long as the old standard stands out as the song it was written to be. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Bessie Smith doing a song axactly as it was written for her but you can do SRV's Telephone Song in a jug-band style and have another old-standard. Black Betty is a good one. How many of you can remember String of Pearls? Van Halen or Pearl Jam could do a take that would KILL! Minnie the Moocher by Cab Calloway was almost as good as Commander Cody's version. Etc., etc.

Almost forgot, SRV's Riviera Paradise!

Edited by thedoctor

I put metal, because it's the closest thing to Tool I guess. Tool has their own genre.

I also like The Mars Volta... now what genre might that be?

Wew! I just read everyones list and didn't see Tool anywhere. I think you are right they are hard to catagorize. At stores I've seen them under rock, hard rock, metal, and others, kinda crazy. I really thought that more people here would like Tool, I find Adam Jones to be a great guitarist and the band as a whole pretty versatile. They are definately my vote.

And my buddy introduced me to Mars Volta. I was very impressed with the music, but lyrically is wasn't my bag. I felt that it had a strong theme though, which always makes a good record better. I have yet to hear the new stuff, I'd be willing to give a good couple listens through and see what I think. Other than Tool there are many bands I like but I can't think of many off hand, I like Pearl Jam a lot, especially the older albums. Jason