Hi Everyone.........drak Is Back!

So enough about what we've been building, what have *you* been up to in and around the old haunt?

I'll have to bounce that one back to *you* guys, I haven't picked up a guitar building tool in over 2+ years now.

I've been doing the Harry Homeowner thing since we bought our house last summer pretty much, cleaning up the property, painting, re-decorating, renovating, cutting down a bunch of trees, clearing the area, planting grass, etc., and really just now in the past month have gotten a nice area squared away to build again, got all the tools re-set up, woodpile in place, etc.

I hope everyone here has been furiously building away and become master luthiers since I last checked in, I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have done.

I really dropped out of all forums and guitar related online stuff alltogether for quite some time, feels good to be back. :D

Man, I've been wondering where you were. I read a bunch of your posts when I first joined the forum, then started back here when I started my first build and only a few months after I came back you were gone, I missed your advice. Glad to see ya back. You should hit the misc. stuff about life thread and try to help us get it goin' again lol

Welcome back! I noticed a long time ago that you hadn't been using the forum much anymore. Good to have you back, and I can't wait to see what new things you come up with! :D

After looking at my profile, I see that it is exactly one year today since my last post.

I ain't buyin' that Bob Villa line - I think you're fresh out of the joint! B)

Rusty (Brad Pitt, sporting a flaming Hawaiian shirt) watches Danny (George Clooney) emerge from the joint in his 12-month-old tux...

Rusty: "I hope you were the groom."

Danny: "Ted Nugent called - he wants his shirt back."

- Oceans Eleven

:D :D B)

Well...all finishing teqniques(Sp?) aside...what I really want to know is what you,Drak,thought of the newest batman movie and the portrayal of the joker by Heath Ledger.....as I was watching that movie I was thinking that would be just your sort of thing...

Personally I liked it better than the hulk...

Just as we thought that this was a calm, nice little online group of cozy people at a beach barbeque Drak pops in again... with a can of gasoline in his hand and the usual sinister smile on his face :D

Call the fire brigade

Welcome back man. As noted your name came up as a reference just a few days ago. Good to see you again.

^ :D ^

You can all leave your Quaaludes in the medicine cabinet and rest assured I have traded in the Gas Cans, Torches, and all my other Favorite Incendiary Drak Devices for a nice comfy set of Tigger-headed evening slippers, a nice pipe, and a Red Velvet smoking jacket. :D

I've been doing the Harry Homeowner thing since we bought our house last summer pretty much, cleaning up the property, painting, re-decorating, renovating, cutting down a bunch of trees, clearing the area, planting grass, etc., and really just now in the past month have gotten a nice area squared away to build again, got all the tools re-set up, woodpile in place, etc.

I hope everyone here has been furiously building away and become master luthiers since I last checked in, I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have done.

I really dropped out of all forums and guitar related online stuff alltogether for quite some time, feels good to be back. :D

I hear ya with the house renovations.

I've been painting, rewiring and layin hardwood flooring in preparation for my first kid we just had on FRIDAY! 1-30-09

I still don't know what day it is yet from lack of sleep but I'm unbelievably happy!

My other recent project was restoring a '75 Yamaha RD350B 2-stroke street bike that was my Dad's and stored in a barn for about 20 years. It's a kick in the pants and FAST!

Anyways, glad to see ya back in the community here Drak!

Hey! Welcome back Drak.

Feels good to scrape off the WOD and give it a fresh coat of paint. I'll tell you again, it was your coco-V that lured me into here in the first place. I haven't done a build thread for this yet, but I've mentioned it a few times. In your honor I'll unveil it (not trying to hijack, just show ya what I've done recently since you asked). 19.5" scale, mini version of my design, for my 8y.o. Solid korina (no neck join), EMG, sounds amazing.

MasonsGtar.jpg

Holy crap, I missed your announcement there VanKirk. Congrats!

Edited by komodo
I've been painting, rewiring and layin hardwood flooring in preparation for my first kid we just had on FRIDAY! 1-30-09

I still don't know what day it is yet from lack of sleep but I'm unbelievably happy!

That is AWESOME! Big Fat Greek Congrats!

B):D:DB)

I'll tell you again, it was your coco-V that lured me into here in the first place. 19.5" scale, mini version of my design, for my 8y.o. Solid korina (no neck join), EMG, sounds amazing.

That is AWESOME as well!

When you can use your talents for such a marvelous thing as building a guit for one of your very own, it don't get much damn better 'n 'nat.

-Love- the guitar.

...I'm going to go check out all the GOTM's for the past 12 months and see whats up wid dat fer ya know. ;)